Sunday, June 15, 2008

4th of July---a little bit early

Did this page for a challenge Sophia hosted over on MMFY.






I took these pictures of a bald eagle flying on my aunt and uncle's lake in Northern Wisconsin back in 2005. I did a page at one time and my cat got a hold of it and took a nice big bite, so when I saw this challenge I said oh man this is perfect..

The pattern paper is new by Bo Bunny and is their 4th of July/Americana line and it is also perfect for this theme...
The title is from a country song by Aaron Tippon that I just love!!

The first part of the title was done on the cricut using the stone script cartridge
the second part the & symbol and the eagle were done with chipboard thickers that I inked in red,white,blue (the & symbol) and then I took glossy accents and put it on top..

the word fly is done with thickers that are like felt.

the star was done with a piece of chipboard from the cosmo cricket bundle we got as MMFY DT for the Love Book.. I then took stripes of left over scraps of pp and tore them and then layered onto the star-then put a layer of glossy accents over it.
The swirls are pieces of felt that were pre-adhesive and a big sheet. I ran them thru my big kick (sizzix) with a swirl die cut I have..

Then took a sakura glaze pen that is called stardust and outlined everything..

the stars on the pattern paper also have glossy accents on them to just make it pop a little more..

0 comments: