Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hello out there...

I know its been forever since I blogged-well it seems like it anyway..

Life has been soooo hectic. I can't believe I have been in the classroom already 4 weeks. In 2 short weeks I'll be leaving 2nd grade and heading up to 5th with a new teacher. I don't want to leave. I really like the 2nd graders even though I have only been with them for 2 weeks. I think 2nd is the grade I want to teach if given the opportunity. I know I said that before and I really wanted to have an opportunity to experience different grades. Its funny how students act even amongst schools. The 4th graders I worked with at another school were so much more calm and umm what's the word......oh yes.... self-controlled.... Much more so than the 4th graders at the school I am at. It's really a totally different experience. I've been to 3 schools is orange co and 1 in seminole now and of the 4 schools this one is completely different than the other 3.. It's well interesting to say the least. I'm wondering how 5th grade will be..

Not sure if I posted early about my ankle, well got x-rays taken last week Friday and nothing is broken.. The ankle is just sprained apparently... 2 weeks for just a sprained ankle and it still hurts?????????? Makes me wonder...

The days are all starting to mesh together for me. It's like I live for Thursday at 1pm when I am released out into the world for 3 days of whatever I want to do... Friday usually involves me sleeping late, going grocery shopping, sitting on the computer, and napping.. It feels so good..

Next week I have a full week of internship. Well a full UCF week which is Monday-Thursday. I am teaching a math lesson on Monday that I am a bit nervous about. I think it will go over well as it is something the kids are not use to in the sense that I will be reading them a story and then they get to play with manipulatives that just happen to be hershey kisses... The story is the Hershey's Kisses Subtraction book... Wish me luck around 12:30 on Monday afternoon!!!

1 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Good luck on your Math lesson! You'll do fine, I just know it!!