Thursday, October 2, 2008

Relax!

It's finally Thursday and I'm enjoying the quietness of my apartment right now! Even though it is messy I love just sitting on the coach cuddled up with the cat and relaxing here. I feel like I never have enough time to just hang out here anymore. Funny how at my old place I couldn't wait to leave and I often wished I didn't have to return to hear the t.v. on or my roommate being grumpy.. Now I avoid going out if I can.

Monday-Wed I feel like I am just running. Often running on fumes by Tuesday afternoon. I love being at school but even though I am not doing anything other than working with kids and observing I feel so bogged down by the time the day is over. Tuesdays call for a Starbucks pick me up.. Ahh Pumpkin Spice Latte--so yummy!!! Most of the time my day ends at like 9:30...

Wed. at least I got to sleep in and relax and not have to go anywhere till class at 1. I detest my evening class with such a vengeance. I feel completely lost in there and I think how will I ever do ALL of this in my classroom????? I come home and I just feel so stressed.

Thursday morning I head to class and realize teaching and learning math can be fun! Amazing since I HATE MATH, not this kind though! Makes me excited to see all the neat things that can be done to make math an enjoyable topic... This is a class that I am totally thinking rocks except for the big lesson plans and trying to incorporate them into the actual classroom. It's just hard when the teachers are on a curriculum that really doesn't deviated for anything... not fun..

So today I had lunch with my friend Jessica. It was nice to be able to chat about stuff again!

I did some retail therapy afterwards-got myself a new UCF sweatshirt. They had really pretty ones in purple and teal but not in my size. So I went with a gray one that zips all the way down--nice to use as a jacket to..

Next stop Lane Bryant as I had a $30 gift check from them. I spent $40 on two tops in the clearance section, so only paid like $10..woohoo..

Ran to Dress Barn and found two really pretty sweaters, one is a pumpkin orange and one is a real pretty pink--I think they will look great with nice dress pants for school....

I am going to spend the rest of the day relaxing and do some scrapbooking probably tomorrow.. I can't believe it is already 5 o'clock... wasn't it just 10 something.. Oh how the time goes when you don't pay attention to it..

Full week of internship next week so no UCF classes which is kind of nice. Will give me the chance to be dead tired of course, but also a chance to see an almost full week of school!! Woohoo..

Headed out to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on Sat. night with my friend Suzanne and I have the camera battery charging... So expect some ghoulish pictures on Sunday...

1 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Good luck you!! m Wanna see pictures of the Halloween party....haven't been to Mickey's in years.........